Following the success of Champagne Fleur de Miraval ER1 which was launched in October 2020, Brad Pitt and the Perrin and Peters families have today announced the eagerly anticipated world release of the second edition - ER2 (E for Exclusively and R for Rosé). A version of immense refinement, characterized by the intensity of the Grand Crus of the Côte des Blancs and the complexity of its perpetual reserve.
ER2 is a celebration of the name of the Champagne House that is behind its conception, revealing an extraordinary bouquet of dried flowers where roses and peonies are delicately intertwined. Notes of white flowers like hawthorn and honeysuckle, acacia and linden blossom complete this unique floral composition which is the signature of the incomparable style of the FLEUR DE MIRAVAL champagnes.
Brad Pitt: "I was impressed last year with the success of our first edition, Fleur de Miraval ER1. With ER2, we pushed the limits even further, we created new extremes for quality. Being the only Champagne house exclusively devoted to Rosé Champagne, each edition of Fleur de Miraval is a constant quest for beauty, a desire to create space for all possibilities."
This second edition made up of 75% of Chardonnays of different ages benefits from the richness of the 2012 vintage and the perfect balance of the 2014 vintage that occupy a large place in the heart of an intensified perpetual reserve. The remaining 25% of young Pinot Noirs from the terroir of Vertus energize the delicate mineral, saline and iodized expression of the Chardonnay and heighten the wine's aromatic expression. Thanks to the Perrin family's skills in Provence rosé, it reveals an incomparable hue of sublime brilliance that is the result of an elegant extraction of color by infusion. The density, balance, and persistence of ER2 are expressions of the magic of an outstanding rosé champagne from noble terroirs, born from unique winemaking choices expertly made by the Peters family.
The wine is aged on lees in the dark in the Champagne house's cellars for three years.
Blend: Chardonnay 75% – Pinot Noir 25%. This edition has been made from a base of the 2017 vintage. Disgorged in April 2021. Dosage: 4.5 G/L.
ABOUT FLEUR DE MIRAVAL, THE ONLY CHAMPAGNE HOUSE EXCLUSIVELY DEVOTED TO ROSÉ CHAMPAGNE
The idea of FLEUR DE MIRAVAL sprang from the association of the Pitt and Perrin families, who had already united the wine world with that of the arts through the introduction of Miraval Côtes de Provence Rosé in 2012, and a third family with roots in Champagne for six generations: the Péters family. Since 2021, Tenute del Mondo became a shareholder. Together, they chose to give free rein to their creativity, with no holds barred, no limits, entertaining instead all possibilities, to make a stunning rosé the likes of which no-one had ever seen before.